Wednesday 22 April 2015

Glenesk in search of Common Sandpipers

I walked 6km of the banks of the North Esk to get a Common Sandpiper and found 10 individuals and 1 pair along with 17 Grey Wagtails, 30 Pied Wagtails and most unexpected 4 Woodcocks feeding in the afternoon sun on a cricket pitch. I think I must have caught the arrival of the Sandpipers before they pair up and go quite.

Also seen, Buzzard, Raven, Kestrel, Oystercatcher, Lapwing, Redshank, Meadow Pipit, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Jackdaw, Goosander, Wigeon, Mallard, Wheatear, Coal Tit, Great Tit, House Martin and Swallow.


Common Sandpiper

Another

Third of 12 seen


First ever Woodcock photo

Poor I know but a Woodcock in the afternoon sun!!


Sand Martin

Wheatear, unusually high in a tree

Willow Warbler


Grey Wagtail, it did really look this colourful, I think reflected sunlight from the water?

Coal Tit, landed above my head while I was stalking a wagtail



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive