Sunday 15 May 2016

ADBC Glen Lethnot Trip

The Angus and Dundee Bird Trip today was to Glen Lethnot when we found at least 47 species and from my point of view I had a good day seeing a Black Grouse after not seeing one all year so far. The two missing birds I would like to have seen were Whinchat and Ring Ouzel but I've seen a few Ouzels already and I'll get the Whinchat soon.

Also below are a few birds from elsewhere this past week,


One of two Cuckoos seen together in Glen Lethnot, they may struggle to find enough Meadow Pipit nests to lay in as there are few Pipits around so far


A bit unusual perch for a Red Grouse but not unknown


A singing Chiffchaff on Carnoustie Golf Links


A photo I've tried to get for some time this year, a decent Lapwing in flight shot, taken at Murton NR


Lesser Redpoll at Balgavies Loch


Yet another Red Squirrel photo but this one is a bit different


One of four House Martin nests I'm trying to survey for the BTO. This shows one of the birds sitting on eggs which were laid a few days ago in last years nest. I'd previously watched them clean out the old nest material before settling down to lay and incubate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive