Monday 23 May 2016

Scurdie Ness, Montrose

A walk with Olive down to the lighthouse to loosen up my legs after an early morning Corn Bunting survey which covered 11.35 km. A surprise Short-eared Owl was the first bird I saw on the survey and I did see five Corn Buntings, Yellowhammers, four Grey Partridges and eight Puffins.

There were waders still going through at Scurdie including Sanderlings, Ringed Plover, Turnstones and one or two Dunlin. I'm not sure if the Ringed Plover actually knew I was there as the rock structures provided good cover.


Ringed Plover at Scurdie Ness Lighthouse


Again in profile


Summer plumaged Sanderling


Mixed plumage Sanderlings


Sedge Warbler, singing as usual


Meadow Pipit with unknown caterpillar species..........


This Swallows mate was bringing in nest material which this one watched and criticised, sound familiar!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive