Friday 9 December 2016

Continuing the "white theme", a Stoat called patch

On a miserable day for even just looking for birds I managed to get something worth posting with the photo below when this Stoat in ermine ran down the Lurgies path towards me before disappearing into a hole in the sea wall.


A Stoat not quite all of the way in ermine with the patches around each eye still to go white. I can't imagine why a Stoat at Montrose Basin would turn this early or even at all, and it must have been going through the process for a while now



On arrival home the Leucistic Tree Sparrow had re-appeared in my garden, or had it been there and just not seen. It was almost dark when this photo was taken from my car and at a shutter speed of 1/30 of a second this was the only one without any blur



The Redshank which can almost always be found at the Old Harbour, lucky to get anything let alone read the metal ring! Almost looks sinister or like a flasher!



Even in the gloom, if it's big and moves slowly and many tweaks are done on the PC it's still possible to get something. I look forward to the sun returning



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive