Tuesday 25 July 2017

Glenesk - Spotted Flycatchers

The sun came out so I went on a long walk in various places up Glenesk, specifically looking for Spotted Flycatchers and wasn't disappointed as I found them in various sites. It was a bit windy which hampered the butterflies but when the wind dropped a variety became active. I covered a lot of ground over many hours and added Peregrine, Osprey, an Eagle which species I couldn't tell, Red Deer, an Adder and brought home another tick nymph for my troubles.


Spotted Flycatcher, one of two adults near Invermark


I couldn't identify the small moth this bird had




Spotted Flycatcher fledgling to the west of Lochlee


The first photo I've managed of a Common Hawker Dragonfly, usually they're permanently on the wing


Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary, also seen were; Common Blue, Ringlet, Red Admiral, Small Heath, Small Tortoiseshell and Green-veined White


Female Adder, with the long lens this was as much as I could get in the frame without being distant


One of this years young Red Grouse on the main road up the glen, only a few weeks to live perhaps!!


Male Siskin


Wheatear juvenile


The Falls of Unich from the bridge at the start of Glen Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive