Wednesday 4 October 2017

Pink-foots and Pintails

A few photos from Angus, includes Montrose Basin (various sites), Arbroath and Montreathmont where my volunteer rota started for the forthcoming winter.
The geese were spooked by a Piper Cherokee plane showing just how many were roosting unseen behind a bank.
The Pintail is the first I've seen this season although I'd think if I looked for them they'd have been around for a few weeks.
The Terns seem to have gone now so some wader photos from Arbroath late in the day were all I could manage.


Pink-footed Geese at Montrose Basin


Pintail


Pintail, Black-tailed Godwit, Redshank, Wigeon, Teal and Mallard. All alerted by an immature Peregrine which put up most of the waders


Curlew


Little Grebes at the Old Harbour


Ringed Plover on the beach at the Signal Tower in Arbroath. No sign of any Purple Sandpipers.


Turnstone


Blue Tit, Montreathmont Forest


Chaffinch


Great Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive