Sunday 13 May 2018

Big fellow, little fellows

An unexpected find when driving around Angus looking for gull nesting sites recently and reward for my efforts I think, a sub adult White-tailed Eagle. I expected that many of the sites would no longer be in use since the last survey was done in 2000-2001 and that was the case. Finding where they've gone isn't easy.

Also some photos from a recce I did to get the lay of the land before I start Corn Bunting Surveys and very encouraging that I saw three singing males on the area of the farm where they were absent last year. Then a few more photos from the garden as I tested out the remote again.



This photo must have been before it gained height and drifted into the next glen



Reed Bunting female, in company with a male on one of my Corn Bunting survey areas


Skylark


Another Skylark looking a bit damp


Yellowhammer



Not often that a Dunnock is seen out of cover but this one lands on the stub I left for it when I cut the leylandii


Olive's Goldfinch, it and three others are emptying the feeder some days, or could it be that we only see four at a time and more birds are involved. Very unusual for us to see them at this time of year


Greenfinch


The undergrowth was still wet and this House Sparrow is soaked. You might be able to see the many spider legs in and around it's beak


An interesting Tulip in one of Olive's planters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive