Sunday 15 July 2018

Murton Waders

A tidy up of photos sitting on my PC waiting to be considered for posting. I've given the new map/sign seen at Murton NR top billing. On both of two visits this week I saw seven species of wader on the "Wetlands" pond including the Common Snipe in the photo below which were feeding in the open. Also, Little Ringed Plover, Common Sandpiper, Lapwing, Oystercatcher, Redshank and Dunlin. I'm confident that Ruff and Black-tailed Godwits might also turn up and later Wood and Green sandpipers are possible.
Lots of butterflies and day flying moths around at various coastal sites and Swifts have started hunting in my street as they did at this time last year, if I could just get a decent photo.






Common Snipe


Six Spot Burnet Moth at Easthaven


Small Tortoiseshell also Easthaven



Common Swift, seen flying at high speed in my street


My House Martin chicks had left their nest this weekend but as often happens they returned from time to to time in the hope of getting fed, and they did


One of the Feral Pigeons taken while I waited for the adult House Martin to feed the youngsters



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive