Saturday 9 February 2019

Green Sandpiper, and nowt else!

I had some time to spend on Friday in the howling gales and frequent squally showers, I was passing time before collecting Olive. I made the decision to stay at Monikie and try for some photos of the Green Sandpiper I had hoped would still be there, it was, I got some, but the weather just wouldn't oblige.

Here's a variety, all dependent on the conditions at the time they were taken, and to demonstrate what conditions do to results, colours, grain and motion capturing. All taken with my D7200 and Tamron 150-600mm. (Shoulder hasn't recovered from a 10 mile walk in Tentsmuir while carrying the heavy lens)


During a brief spell when the sun got through. Here it was in the corner where the children feed the ducks, and the dogs chase them. I was standing in cover at the anglers pier


I included this one taken as it flew into the corner to show the under-wing and tail patterning


I suspect the camera had focused on the gull, but it worked in the awful light


Eventually a dog spooked it and it flew along to the other pier to the east of the anglers one. It didn't get peace there either and flew behind the island


This photo taken while it was raining and through the trees where the burn, dirty and in flood was flowing into the pond. I'd stalked the Sandpiper and waited for it to walk across the only gap I had to view it. If only the sun was out then as I was quite close




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive