Friday 13 December 2019

Purple Sandpipers visit Jumpin Joey's

The search for white winged gulls and anything else of interest continues in the gloomy weather at and around Arbroath Harbour. I get a chance to look now and again when Olive lets me out!

UHD (3840x2160) video of a roosting Purple Sandpiper in terrible light, click here

HD (1920x1080) video of a roosting Purple Sandpiper, click here

First Fox video in my garden this winter, click here for Trail Cam video  I'd like to think it's the Vixen from East Seaton I saw on my Corn Bunting surveys

Photos on posts before 10/11/2012 have been lost, I'll work to restore these over Xmas. It helps me to avoid the fake ceremony that has become of a Christian celebration.



Purple Sandpiper, I think there were around six behind Jumpin Joey's, most hidden amongst the rock armour



The usual pose of Purple Sandpipers as they sit out high tide, the one above only stirred briefly as noisy teenagers went by 



Just as the rain started, the 5.3 metre tide meant there was no beach to roost on for these Redshanks


Eider at Whiting Ness, puffed up chest to impress a female


Two of three Eider drakes fighting for the attentions of a duck nearby


"Mr Grumpy", the laird of Whiting Ness, guarding the best territory where most people who feed the gulls go. This is T:524, a mean looking chap who's quick to drive off rivals for his spot


The same Herring Gull I photographed on 12/11/2019 and it's still carrying the leg injured with a bit of line snagged around it, although not better it doesn't look worse




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive