Sunday 14 February 2021

Saved from the claws of death - talons


Now for five days in a row I've had Fieldfares and a Sparrowhawk coming to my garden and feeding on a very large Cotoneaster, well indirectly for the hawk! I have some video taken when I couldn't get photos in the poor light, snow, gales, you get the picture even if I didn't........





I'd left the light on for trail cam fox video, click here  no fox but very early feeding birds


Male Sparrowhawk with a still alive Fieldfare. When disturbed by a neighbour it moved to another garden, I followed and it released what looked like the dead Fieldfare



When I approached, the Fieldfare which must have been in shock revived and flew off, apparently uninjured












The first visit I've had of a Mistle Thrush to my garden, pity it's not a good photo, the only one I got a chance to take


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive