An hour in the seriously windswept Tayock Hide at Montrose Basin delivered the birds below, there would have been more without human disturbance.
Two videos in the links below, unfortunately I had my Z8 set up for HD instead of the usual UHD I use on my P1000, doh!
Pink-footed Geese, returned this week Black-tailed Godwit
Pink-footed Goose, only a few ventured near to the Tayock Hide. A video sent to me from the Mallard Drive area showed hundreds widely spread across stubble fields
Pintails
One of the birds from above
Black-tailed Godwit
Same Godwit and the subject in the video above
Juvenile Grey Plover 210 metres north of the hide, photo from the hide
Juvenile Knot
Curlew
Greenshank
Oystercatcher on its way to wash something at the water's edge
Common Gull 2nd calendar year
Curlew
Why do people approach the hide and walk around the side to the front, which always flushes whatever they hope to see. There used to be screens at both sides which I think disappeared during covid...













No comments:
Post a Comment