Tuesday 23 February 2021

Urban Birding during serious lockdownin' (no G)

   
Just a catch up today, with photos from Keptie Pond on Sunday, I stopped briefly (I thought) after church and got some decent photos before the light dipped. I'm still nonplussed with what's happening when I post the photos, some have been brightened up, and too much in my opinion. I'll research this again....some day soon



One of the cygnets at Keptie Pond seems to have left and this one was getting a bit of a hard time from Dad




Still just one Little Grebe evident at the pond



And still lots of Sticklebacks



Quite a number of Black-headed Gulls but not so easy to see colour rings as it was on the ice



One of last years youngsters



Adult



The Coots seem to be less aggressive to each other, but it won't last




There are still un-paired Mallards



Two in this photo, "fighting for the right to party"




I just love the colours of Moorhen bills




One of the adult Mute Swans which managed to raise two cygnets last year, they were the first for four years I think




Spot the male Sparrowhawk. I just couldn't get the camera to find and focus on the bird deep in the trees on the island. A clue, the focus point is dead centre



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive