Thursday 28 March 2024

St Cyrus and Storm Babet - where's the new hide!

   
Very serious damage at St Cyrus where the North Esk enters the sea. I didn't have time to have a good look as a large rain cloud was to the north and coming my way. The whole of the estuary "pool" and the beach has been badly eroded and shingle is everywhere. I'll have a look from Kinnaber soon at close range, I wonder where the hide has ended up?

Not many birds around, just Linnets, two Skylarks, a Magpie, two Shelducks, a pair of Ravens and a single Peregrine. There may have been more to the north but a second shower was heading towards me.


Male Yellowhammer in the darkest spot in my garden



The walk leading to the new hide, I didn't know till this week when Ron told me it had been washed out to see by the floods




I reckon half of the walkway is left




The far bank looks even further away




Immediately in front of the remaining walkway




A panorama from my phone, gives an idea of the scale of change





Evidence that tank traps in either or both wars have been buried for a long time, I recall only one or two last year




A large bank of dark shingle has been left on the beach




Raven




Not the best predator to find when ground nesting birds are about to arrive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive