Tuesday 30 April 2024

Insh Marshes, Loch Garten and a garden Wren

   
A trip to the Cairngorms without my scope, an error. Two searches to find an elusive pair of Yellow Wagtails, one flushed by a guy walking through the field they are in, why? An out of place Common Scoter, 3 White Wagtails, and a Whimbrel flushed when a runner ran through the feeding waders. I'm becoming Paranoid, they're all out to get me spoil my birdwatching........... 




Wren in my garden which is part of it's territory, and where it's been for a about a month










A walk along from Elliot to East Haven

Meadow Pipit at Hatton, north of East Haven



Wheatear



White Wagtail, one of at least three



Now at Kingussie area

Kingussie from Insh Marshes with another heavy shower coming



Looking east from Insh Marshes. In the original large scale photo formed by three individual overlapping photos, a bird is seen to the right of the power pole and is likely a Golden Eagle, but I'll never know for sure. Earlier that day my host saw an Eagle fly over the house, and near Layby 96 on the Friday as we drove north on the A9 we had another Golden Eagle fly over the road, just too high to be seen on my dashcam! On every trip I ask Olive to look out for an eagle and that was the first one in 15 years......




A Common Sandpiper at Loch Garten, where after a long search I found a single Crested Tit which may have been lured to seed near a memorial seat




Lots of Chaffinches in the woods, and my Merlin app picked up a Common Redstart which was not seen, nor were the many Goldcrests




Brown Hare, Insh Marshes




A pair of Canada Geese were nesting on the marsh and there were many waders, but I hadn't brought my scope and I couldn't pick out a Wood Sandpiper as in previous visits



The lagoon at Elliot near the greenkeepers huts

An unexpected female Common Scoter, I wonder if it might be injured?




A very relaxed Stonechat on the railway fence south of Elliot



and his mate




A Linnet near to Hatton




Even House Sparrows deserve a photo sometimes




and a Carrion Crow



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive