Saturday 3 February 2018

Goldeneye and Goosander

Three from Friday when I ventured to Murton NR where the water levels remain very low and only 3 Coots, 1 Goldeneye and 4 Tufted Ducks graced the two main ponds, or should I say the pond and the scrape. A cold hour or more at Kinnordy didn't produce the Bittern but the drake Smew was reported again today. The Iceland Gull is still at Victoria Park in Arbroath and believe it or not I didn't take more photos.

Note the "this week 2017" in the side-bar. I'm currently searching for an updated version of the Bird Crime Report. In the meantime I've posted both pages of the RSPB leaflet on how to report it at the bottom of this post, but can't be sure the contacts are the latest!

Here's the 2016 Report, The Birdcrime Report 2016


A lonely drake Goldeneye at Murton, rain and lots of it needed


One of at least 12 Goosander seen at Kinnordy, mind you we had that many on Keptie Pond this week


It's not that I particularly like Mute Swans but the Whoopers were too far away at Kinnordy. This one kept a guard on a female and continually chased away all others







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive