Friday 28 June 2013

St Cyrus SNNR, Montrose Basin and the Curly!

I spent about an hour at the south end of the reserve mostly in the hide trying to photograph five orphan Shelduck ducklings which were fed for a few days at the centre before being released and adopted by a female and perhaps an associated male. Staff at the centre will know the up to date details.

I didn't get a photo of the ducklings which I did see as they were too far away. I did get Linnet, Meadow Pipit and earlier at Montrose Basin, Spotted Redshank, Shelduck, Sedge Warbler, Reed Bunting and finally a Moorhen at the Curly in Montrose.

As usual clicking the photos will open them in a larger form.

Linnet, male
Meadow Pipit













Shelduck with ducklings at Montrose Basin
I've been spotted and the male has his eye on me even though I'm a distance away in the hide










Reed Bunting just outside the Shelduck Hide
This Sedge Warbler has a metal ring on its right leg, someone was ringing earlier in the day at Millburn Reedbeds where this was taken, I wonder if this is one of the birds ringed






Yes, I know it's not great but this is good as I can get at 150 metres away in low light, the dark bird is a Spotted Redshank


A Moorhen at the Curly in Montrose, good light and close what a difference from above. This bird also has a ring on its right leg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive