Tuesday 19 June 2018

Fowlsheugh from a different viewpoint

I don't know why I went to Fowlsheugh on such a cold and windy day, but as expected it was very busy with thousands of sea birds flying south to fish and back to feed their young. The light was very variable and has resulted in many different  exposures in the photos.
Rather than going north along the cliff path I went down to where the anglers fish to get photos from nearer water level. I had hoped I'd see an early Great Skua as once before at this time I had one sitting on the sea while I fished for mackerel.



The obligatory Puffin photo, I picked this one out of a flock of Guillemots as it took off going south, the only one I saw


An unusual pose on both Razorbills, both were flying with a slower wing beat than normal


You can just see some small sand eels in the Razorbills beak


Guillemot, not as black as you might think but probably over-exposed


Adult Kittiwake


1st summer Kittiwake, wing marking fading from black and beak turning yellow



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive