Tuesday 30 July 2019

Common Cranes - A Grand Day Out!

A trip to the Ythan Estuary on Monday to try and see three Common Cranes which looked to be daily visitors. I arrived at the Waulkmill Hide at 0845, opened the boot, set up my scope and as I did the three cranes flew in, almost in front of where I stood! They were a fair bit out, but I hung around as the tide came, scared to move and flush them, and got these photos with my Canon SX60.

Also seen while I waited were, Little Stint (far away), Whimbrel and a Ruff amongst other commom returning waders, success! Further downstream near the tin hut I seached without success for a reported White-winged Tern, it wasn't reported again. Finally, and unexpectedly I found a Hooded Crow on the beach feeding on a gulls remains. I'll post photos later.

Crane video, click here

Longer Crane video, click here

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive