Sunday 2 February 2020

Coolpix Sparrowhawk

I was unable to resist a camera boasting a 125 times zoom, but aware that it couldn't possibly provide good quality at that level, happy though that it would be better than anything else I have at ridiculous zooms. It's a Nikon Coolpix P1000 and the first photos I took are these of my Sparrowhawk, taken handheld and through the double glazing, and the dirty glass!
It was afternoon sun lighting up the bird which hung around scanning the bushes, waiting for a hidden House Sparrow to flinch, none did this time. I'll be trying it out for real this coming week, possibly in a hide on my hide clamp.

None of the photos are cropped, but resized using a batch tool to 1200 pixels from 4608. Video is at 4K UHD, 3840 by 2160 at 30 fps and 40 Mbps (original was 80 Mbps).

Sparrowhawk long test video with different zoom, focus affected due to double glazing, click here

Short video slowed down to increase viewing time, click here

A later video in poorer light, yes it is the same bird preening, click here  I forgot to mute the sound and I was leaning against my heating boiler




This one is at an equivalent of 1800mm at 1/500, F6.3, ISO 200 and EV -1, effectively 75 times zoom, and through glass!



This is 650mm



And this one at 533mm



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive