Thursday 28 January 2021

Creepers, Peckers, Tits and Squirrels

  
Winter and early spring is a good time to find a Treecreeper, they're working hard to feed, and there's no leaves to block your view of them. Reasonable high ISO photos for the conditions, just wish I hadn't had a teleconverter attached and no bag to store it!











Treecreeper in Montreathmont












Same bird


Great Spotted Woodpecker at Montreathmont Forest on another cold miserable day





Long-tailed Tit, one of seven seen





The first time for a while that I've seen a Red Squirrel in the forest. I thought they'd moved away or been predated










First photos from a new Trail camera, I just need a night without rain and dry air to try out the video


One of two "foxy ladies" I see around here!


You can see an old egg left out, it will pick it up and retreat into the darkness to eat it


I can always tell when it's getting hard for my garden birds when they let me take photos as I get out of the car just metres away



This crazy world, where some "humans" rear over 60 million birds, release them while still tame and stupid, and charge other "humans" a fortune to blast them out of the sky. Note, only after they've been chased into the sky as they're too daft to take flight on their own. Photo courtesy of a Scottish gamekeeper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive