Wednesday 17 March 2021

Blackcap female - a first for some years

 
A surprise Blackcap female turned up in my garden on Tuesday and remained overnight, but it's still just too far away from any cover I have to hide myself from it. Obviously other garden birds were spotted as I sat on the back doorstep, and earlier I took my last photos of the frogs (probably a lie). Also a test at the bottom to see if two people I know ever read this - does anyone?


Blackcap female, a rare visitor to my garden















One of Olive's beloved Goldfinches



My more butch Greenfinch







The colourful male Chaffinch




Unusual for my Dunnock to tolerate me being at my car and allowing this photo. It must have been hungry as it had been singing all day



Still many mating frogs in the pond, at least 14 today







A backlit Herring Gull at Danger Point where none of the Iceland Gulls appeared before all the gulls flew off




There's a pair of Mute Swans hanging about in the Brothock and on the sea




For Olive's daughters who aren't keen on gulls, here's two near one of their gardens



This new puppy bought to fill the gap left when children grew up (controversial, but true), used to be my mate until I scared her with the rapid shutter of my camera. No idea of her lineage but pee's a lot when excited........



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive