Friday 30 July 2021

Collared Doves make a brief return

   
Starting with the Keptie Pintail hybrid which I had forgot about. I'd stopped in the passing to see if the Little Grebes had succeeded and found there were two nests and one already had a first and advanced brood. Video below, along with a few others form the coast.

While waiting for yet another delivery I paced around my garden, basically photographing anything that moved, or didn't!
Collared Doves used to be common in the garden but as more "cat people" moved in around me, they stopped visiting. I've waited years to see one and 4 came along at the same time!
As you'll see below there's a bit of a Marmalade Hoverfly invasion, Olive's flowers are eventually attracting something interesting.



Pintail/Mallard hybrid drake at Keptie Pond in eclipse plumage


It really will turn into a close resemblance of a true Pintail drake  


Collared Doves, nearest nest sites are 400 metres away, and a winter roost in St Vigeans 800 metres




Marmalade Hoverflies











This took some time to get enough sunlight and one hovering in a position where I could get a photo




Large White Butterfly




Starling



Juvenile showing some moult towards adult plumage



An experiment with my phone "panorama" setting, looks good on a PC monitor when it's the original size. The Falls of Pattack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive