Sunday 18 July 2021

Swift by name, Swift by nature

   
Some photos taken in spare time I had between a meeting and making the tea. Couldn't we just have ice cream and cold beer in this weather?




Swift photographed on the side road at the top of Rossie Brae, near Montrose, the first ones I've seen this year feeding low over a barley field. (accidental pink border!)








I've not been to Montrose Basin recently and on a brief visit to the Old Harbour I saw three Common Sandpipers, and unbelievably my first Kingfisher of 2021 (or the first I have recorded)









Helophilus Pendulus  Hoverfly. This is the third similar species I've had on my pond, so I feel the need to re-visit the previous photos just in case I've got some of the ID's wrong





I'm saying this is a European Potter Wasp, every similar one that it could be wasn't likely to be seen in Angus, and photos by clever people showed a variation



Same Wasp as above




Cabbage Moth, laying up during daylight in the corner of a fence. I've seen results from a friends moth trap this week, and I'm being drawn towards setting one up - just not enough hours in a day




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive