Monday 26 July 2021

Swift shortage - not in Kingussie

   
A family trip up north, but I was allowed to take my camera, but they wouldn't wait while I took photos...
In Kingussie where we were staying, a flock of Swifts appeared on and off during the day and in the evening performed a "Battle of Britain" display overhead with some high speed passes just over the rooftops.
On walks around the area we came across many butterflies, most looked to be Ringlets, but a few posed just long enough in the hot weather for photos.
All photos were from my old camera and Tamron 150mm - 600mm, I wish I'd taken the D500 for the Swifts.


Swifts in late evening in Kingussie, a confident count of over 40 birds were active just over the house. They didn't use the nest sites in nearby house roofs this year but have stayed loyal to the area















Speckled Wood Butterfly on Kinrara near Advie, just about the only butterfly that stayed still in the bright and warm conditions







Spotted Flycatcher near the Falls of Pattack







Scotch Argus in a shady area of a wood near Kinrara House, the photo had a lot of shadow removed to confirm my initial ID



Small Heath Butterfly 



Relaxing back home. Large White Butterfly in the garden




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive