Saturday 11 September 2021

Those days are gone now and in the past they shall remain - post 1999



These are a collection of photos from the first posts on this blog, dating back as far as 2006. I've tried to find the earliest photos from each of my different folders of the varied groups of birds, mammals, amphibians and anything I thought interesting at the time. They are in the order the PC and Google decided on! Quality is very variable!

Note, the first 80 or so posts lost their photos after I wiped my Google Drive when I bought a new PC. I've rebuilt a few but it will take an age to do them all.

Some were taken with an old Olympus bridge camera, a Sony DSC H-1 with a 12 times optical zoom, a Panasonic DNC-FX45 with a 32 times zoom (which I wish I hadn't given away) and a Nikon D3200 which was a disappointment.

I'll do the same or similar with photos from my current DSLR a Nikon D500 with photos as new as I can of the same subjects, I might have to go back a bit for some. That will be in my 2000th post which will the next post. 

Some ancient videos straight from the primitive cameras, compared to todays.




227 Starlings in my garden 2009



Toads on the track at Lochlee, Glenesk 2013



Yellow Flag Iris at Balgavies 2009



Common Blue Damselfly at Murton NR 2009




Common Darter Dragonfly female, Murton NR 2011



Cormorant, Forfar Loch 2013



Garden Spider, in my garden obviously 2009



Common Frog(let), Lily Pond, Kinnordy Loch 2012 (on my foot)



Angus and Dundee Bird Club, Hunthill in Glen Lethnot 2013



Great Crested Grebe, Forfar Loch 2013



Green Woodpecker, Montreathmont Forest 2011, sadly they appear to abandoned the forest



Grey Wagtail, Loch Saugh, Auchenblae 2011



Greylag Goose, Forfar Loch 2013



Guillemots, Fowlsheugh NR, Stonehaven 2012



Grey Heron, Maryton Ditch, Montrose Basin 2012



Herring Gull, Arbroath Inner Dock 2012



House Sparrows, 62 in my garden 2009, a few cropped out for this photo



Lapwing at Murton NR 2009



Marsh Harrier male, Kinnordy Loch 2011



Mute and Whooper Swans, mains of Dun, Montrose Basin 2011



Orange Tip Butterfly (newly emerged) Arbirlot Nature Trail 2009



Rabbit kit, Fowlsheugh Nature Reserve 2009



Razorbill, Fowlsheugh NR 2012



"Dave the Diver", the injured Red-throated Diver that spent a number of years in City Quay Docks, Dundee, this photo 2013. Last seen and photographed at Usan in the open sea



Male Reed Bunting Kinnordy Loch 2009



Ringlet Butterfly Murton NR 2009



Scurdie Ness Lighthouse, Montrose 2009



Shag at Arbroath Harbour 2012



Shelduck male Old Harbour, Montrose Basin 2012



Six Spot Burnet Moth, Arbroath Cliffs 2006



Leucistic Cock Pheasant, Kinnordy Loch 2010

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive