Saturday 30 April 2022

Don't Worry "Bee Happy"

   
Garden photos, taken in rest periods in-between my moss removing work on the roof. I'd bought myself a new longer, but lighter ladder for my Xmas so I could at least eliminate the moss from being the cause of a small dripping leak I found in November. I suspect the ingress of water was caused by Storm Arwen blowing the heavy rain back up the tiles with some water getting in. I could have just left a basin in the loft space and saved my efforts, after all, it was a once in 20 year storm and I might not see another 20 years....

Note, I don't know much about insects, so feel free to correct any identifications I get wrong, many are difficult to tell apart with small variations that can't always be seen in photographs. Most photos are taken with a 300mm prime and 1.4 teleconverter, hand held. A few might be from a 17-70 lens which involves crawling about on the ground!



Common Carder Bee, Bombus pascuorum




European Potter Wasp, Ancistrocerus gazella 



European Potter Wasp, Ancistrocerus gazella 




Gooden's Nomad Bee, Nomada goodeniana



Gooden's Nomad Bee Nomada goodeniana





European Honey Bee, Apis mellifera, worker



European Honey Bee, Apis mellifera, worker





Peacock Butterfly





Tree Wasp Dolichovespula sylvestris Note that this species is not aggressive but can sting if the nest is threatened



Tree Wasp Dolichovespula sylvestris 




Chaffinch male




Feral Pigeon, content that my concentration in photographing insects wasn't a threat as it moved around my garden




One of Olive's favourite Daffodil variants




Woodpigeon, spooked by the Herring Gulls reaction to a Buzzard flying over



A pair are seen often around my street but may have given up on last years nesting tree after Magpies found it, time will tell 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive