Sunday 18 June 2023

Glens, Estuary, Beach and Gardens

   
A selection of Wildlife in Angus, photographed over two days in various places and habitats. I still have some that I've left out, and I've restricted my video filming to things that are too far away for stills, even with the P1000.

Great Egret videos, click on the links.



Cuckoo, what my phone plays when Olive calls me....



Being chased by an out of focus Meadow Pipit




Curlew



Four Spotted Chaser Dragonfly depositing eggs at high speed, hence the photo



I just pointed the camera and pressed! Nearly lucky but no biscuit...









Large Red Damselflies




Lesser Redpoll into the morning sun




Meadow Pipit




Small Heath Butterfly




Lots of Whinchat photos below as I won't be going back anytime soon or maybe even this year
















Willow Warbler



Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary Butterfly, lots of them about




Little and Great Egret comparison at the Lurgies, but not very close. I imagined they were walking to someone counting, and at ten they'd turn and fire at each other in a duel. Yes, that's how my mind works....




Great Egret






Now at East Haven for my Webs count, and many young Crows were with adults, this one was a temporary orphan



Curlew with either string or the remains of a tampax caught around its foot




Herring Gull with crab



This is an odd one and perhaps related to one of the leucistic Herring Gulls we've seen over the last few years between Arbroath and Fife. The Obs Identify App said "Iceland Gull", it must have ignored the beak...



A crop, not that it makes its origins more obvious...



Magpies are often seen feeding on the strand line at East Haven



One of this years first new Pied Wagtails, I think 5 or 6 were on the beach



Rook



Sand Martin, East Haven



Another new life, this time a Greenfinch in my garden



Juvenile House Sparrow



More House Sparrows being created



Yes I do like Starlings









No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive