Sunday 18 June 2023

Scurdie Ness Birdlife and more

   
Photos from Scurdie Ness, St Cyrus and my garden insects. I've fallen behind with too many photos, new species I have to look up and identify, and too many other distractions....

No videos......



Beadlet anemone, I couldn't get any focus through the suface scum and reflection





Thought to be associated with the offshore wind farms, no time to look it up





Common Carder Bee in my garden





and another at Scurdie Ness





Cormorant , Scurdie Ness track





Early Bumblebee in my garden, I think recently emerged with the wings not fully formed yet





Great black-backed Gull patrolling the South Esk estuary





A healthy Guillemot at Scurdie Ness





I don't think this one was healthy, it certainly wasn't wary of me sitting on the rocks nearby





Same one as above just before I believe it exited the water on to the rocks





Honey Bee on Olive's lawn





The App says Meadow Cranes-bill, Scurdie





Narcissus Bulb Fly Meradon equestris, St Cyrus





Oystercatcher from the Scurdie Ness track





Perennial Cornflower Scurdie Ness





Razorbill at Scurdie Ness





Red Mason Bee, garden






Small Copper Butterfly, St Cyrus






Tiger Crane Fly Nephrotoma flavescens, in Olive's garden





Meadow Pipit, Scurdie





Song Thrush, just about to bash the snail out of its shell



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive