Sunday 9 June 2024

Wetland Bird Survey (Webs) at East Haven

   
Some photos from my monthly Webs Survey at East Haven, and as expected there were few birds remaining, but a welcome flock of 43 Bar-tailed Godwits were present and late in going north. In a very distant photo I took of "gulls chasing each other" it wasn't apparent till I viewed the photo at home that it was two gulls chasing an Arctic Skua. I think it may be a first for my Webs. 

Not at East Haven, a 1st summer Little Gull at the Lurgies, click here for video


An astonishing 43 Bar-tailed Godwits on my Webs Survey at East Haven this month, in one flock which never fitted in one frame








Goldfinch in the ditch where it flows on to the beach



House Martins



Pied Wagtail



Unfortunately this male Greenfinch appears to have Trichomoniasis, despite  cleaning my feeders weekly. Some of my neighbours also feed birds and I wonder if they also keep feeders clean. I've taken my feeders down meantime



Another male Linnet, this one at Glaxo in Montrose



Arctic Tern near Glaxo



Common Tern also near Glaxo



Scurdie Ness lighthouse from, you've guessed it, Glaxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive