Saturday 13 July 2024

Back on the road again

   
I'm back with a post featuring a Mediterranean Gull in Arbroath, after a break where I was suffering the effects of food poisoning. I'm blaming it on milk from my fridge, which had stopped chilling enough, and eventually not at all! 

Common Sandpipers at the Lurgies, click here for video


Back on the road again, click here


Mediterranean Gull adult at West Links, Arbroath










Juvenile Sandwich Tern, Victoria Park, Arbroath



Adult Sandwich Tern




I'm hoping that the fat balls in my garden are keeping the Magpies away from nesting birds!



Blackbird, he's raising a second brood in my garden



I'm having trouble finding insects of any kind in the garden, other than the unseen ones that have bitten me. This Marmalade Fly doesn't bite



The first photo of this Racing Pigeon for some time. He fathered at least two chicks last year, one of which was taken by a female Sparrowhawk in my garden. He still has the original plastic rings, obviously none of the chicks ever had any 



This Woodpigeon sat on my living room window sill for about an hour, often watching what I was doing, probably one the two that are the last birds to leave my back garden at night


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive