Wednesday 31 July 2024

Swifts - not Swifties

 
Busy at home and in my garden, I took some photos over a few days of anything interesting. Also some photos from Kinnaber Links north of Montrose. So far it's been a cruel summer for butterflies with only Meadow Browns and Small Heaths seen in any numbers, and a few Common Blues at Kinnaber. 
Flies, Hoverflies, Bees and Wasps all are having a bad year so far with much lower numbers in my garden and the countryside. A small bit of good news, is a friend has a second generation of Holly Blue butterflies in her garden in Carnoustie.

Cruel Summer, click here      Wild Mountain Thyme (Summer time is coming)


One of a family of 5 Swifts which I believe nested in my roof. For more than a week they have been flying up and down my drive, garden and street, often disappearing and then returning making their screeching calls




I think this may be one of this years juveniles taking a brief rest, or investigating the expansion pipe









House Sparrows disputing ownership of a feeder












Common Blue Butterfly at Kinnaber Links



Small Heath Butterfly



Six Spot Burnet Moth



Meadow Brown Butterfly



Common Banded Hoverfly



Canada Geese flying from St Cyrus towards Montrose Basin, photographed at 500-600 metres



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive