Tuesday 6 August 2024

Swifts, Jonathon and Taylor

I still have Swifts around my house and garden, and occasionally they go back into the nest in my gable.

More Small, and Large White Butterflies are using the garden, and Hoverfly numbers have risen. (short lived it appears)


A young Swift taking a short rest, it's clamped into to a hole left after a new boiler was installed



It's not big enough to get in, but I found another larger gap in a neighbours roofline where they did go into. Looking good for next season, I may buy a nest box or two



Large White Butterfly, the black edge on the upper wing extends around the corner



Small White Butterfly



Common Carder Bee on one of eight sunflowers I have. I didn't expect many seeds would germinate, they did



There's a Harvestman in the centre of this photo, it's legs extend to the top and bottom edges of the photo



The juvenile Starlings have started moulting into their second plumage



Now a lot leaner than when they first arrived


One from my garden Blackbird nest, and the second brood that appears to have only one bird fledged from each. Cats and possibly a Fox are likely the reason, or maybe just the summer weather....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive