Thursday 22 August 2024

A trip to - Highland Wildlife Park, Kingussie


Not my first choice for a place to visit, but as it's aim is Conservation and the visit was my hosts idea, I went along and was pleasantly surprised. They'd said there was no guarantee we'd see all or even many of the animals, but we were lucky and saw all of the targets I'd hoped to see, helped by Moira the chief spotter, and accidental commentary from Richard! I probably could spend a whole day there with different cameras trying to photograph everything possible. On this visit, it was showery and I only had my Nikon P1000, (the  battery failed too soon) but despite often poor light in rain, it did a surprising job.

Full list of animals with clickable links for most species on the Highland Wildlife Park website, click here





Amur Tiger  for info click here



Polar Bear  for info click here




Snow Leopard  for info click here













Wolverine






Arctic Fox



Eurasian Elk





European Bison






Japanese Macaque




Przewalski's wild horse




Turkmenian Markhor 




Vicuna



Hooded Crow, a wild bird which had been drawn in, and was eating the Polar Bear's scraps



Swallow, very obliging and had no fear of people walking by

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive