Wednesday 14 August 2024

The one that got away - Holly Blue Butterfly

   
Photos of butterflies in my garden, with some new species for this year, some egg laying, others feeding, and a frustrating view of a Holly Blue just as it flew over a wall never to return. I haven't stopped looking and the sun might even return later.....

Both Sides Now from 1968-1971        Live at the Newport Folk Festival 2022


Red Admiral Butterfly



"Both sides now"



Small Tortoiseshell, it might even be the first I've seen this year



Large White Butterfly, they didn't stop in my garden for long



Lots of Small Whites were laying eggs in the nasturtiums, you can see the abdomen curved around to place an egg on the underside of the leaf



I like this odd angle



Another also depositing an egg



Red-tailed Bumblebee, a rarity in the garden, and even rarer this year



Common Carder Bee, a difficult bee to photograph with the long lens I mostly use, this might have been taken with a more suitable 17-70mm on an older camera



One of this year's tadpoles, now part grown at around 3 centimetres

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive