Monday 23 July 2018

Little Stint again - last years photos!

There's currently a Little Stint at the Lurgies at Montrose Basin, an adult returning bird still in breeding plumage. I've tried to get a view of it anywhere near to get a photo but it has stubbornly remained on the far bank and often just invisible. I've decided to post a few photos taken of the same species last June in the same place to let any prospective "Little Stint hunters" see what they are looking for. I've seen the current bird twice from the Lurgies path but it has been elusive, and it's very small, around the size of a Greenfinch! A tiny wader, it's in the name I suppose.


This photo is clearly the best I have but seen on its own it doesn't give much indication of size


Although closer to the camera in this one it still looks much smaller than the Dunlin behind it


Shown this time with a Ringed Plover with the head markings visible


I put this one in as it shows the length of the beak



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive