Monday 31 August 2020

Legless again!


Some sea birds from Ferryden and Scurdie Ness on 28/8/2020, along with the House Martins nest on my neighbours gale. Photos from my DSLR using the two times converter which doesn't make capturing distant moving targets easy.



Eider with a crab, I watched as it held each leg shaking it till the leg broke off, and gathered the crab again each time until just the body was left which it swallowed. At Ferryden



Gannet offshore at Scurdie Ness



Despite the strong wind I could hear this juvenile Guillemot calling to be fed. The adult didn't seem to have any problem fishing, returning after each dive with a fish



Same juvenile Guillemot




House Martin chicks being fed in the late evening sunlight



Same nest when the light had gone, note the adult appears to be holding or controlling the youngsters beak with its foot which I've noticed is common practice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive