Friday 27 November 2020

Golden Plovers and a Golden Sunrise

   
I don't see many Golden Plovers these days, they seem to be in deep decline, or at least in Angus in autumn. Twice this week I saw small flocks of 88 and 45 on the rocks in front of South Street, Arbroath, some photos below and one video I really like!

Golden Plovers     Golden Plover close-up     Red-throated Diver     Grey Seal slowmo


Golden Plover, unfortunately they were flying in late in the afternoon, normal behaviour after feeding inland during the day








Some of the Pink-footed Geese flying of the Basin at Tayock at sunrise one morning this week



I've clipped the top of the steeple, the consequence of the lens with a teleconverter




The Great White Egret was very far up the Basin when I saw it from Sleepyhillock. By the time I was able to get past some tree surgeons taking down a large tree in the cemetery it had gone




An unusually confiding Heron at Keptie Pond, walkers passing were getting photos on their phones, I couldn't get back far enough with a prime lens



Apparently some at Keptie think this is a Scaup, perhaps the tuft is a giveaway that it's a Tufted Duck with a white forehead as some do



More head shots followed







I'm celebrating being able to ID this moth myself, well actually Google Lens did! Phone photo in a poorly lit kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive