Saturday 26 December 2020

A Walk on the Wild Side (Lou Reed)

   
First midwinter look at some of the Wild Bird Cover with a view to getting some photos of birds flying over and landing in the cover. It worked to a degree, but I'll have to go again when the sun stays out and the wind isn't so cold.

Lou Reed, Walk on the Wild Side, top song from my youth


Some of the large flock of Linnets feeding on and near to one of the Corn Bunting Project's Wild Bird Cover strips


I counted the birds in this photo at 190, more were left and right of the frame, perhaps 250+ Linnets



They got a bit closer before a free-running Alsatian flushed them to a stubble field, at that point I'd had long enough sitting in a cold wet field



Pied Wagtail at the Old Brewhouse



The large crane/barge working on the new Bellrock wind farm. Photo with a 300mm lens, I'll try later with the P1000 3000mm



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive