Wednesday 28 April 2021

Wheatear passage along the coast

   
It was 8 degrees with a NNE wind down the coast when I went looking for white winged gulls at Victoria Park in Arbroath, maybe just a bit late now, none. I moved south to the West Links wondering, could an early Med Gull have arrived, no. I was pleasantly surprised to find a number of Wheatears on the rock armour near the paddling pool though. Unfortunately it soon started to rain so I moved on again to Keptie Pond where only Lesser Black-backed Gulls and male Mallards chasing females provided a bit of entertainment.  


Wheatear, one of at least five passing through north at West Links Arbroath











Just before the rain got a bit heavy



Lesser Black-backed Gull at Keptie Pond in Arbroath. Just stretching the bill a bit, getting it ready to swallow ducklings in the next few weeks!



I could almost see its last meal






Just as I'd stepped out of the car when I got home and I accidentally prevented this male Sparrowhawk from hunting in the garden. I don't usually get a Sparrowhawk at this time of year




A Linnet from the pathway behind Glaxo a few days ago



Common Carder Bee also Glaxo



Red-tailed Bumblebee



Buff-tailed Bumblebee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive