Thursday 13 May 2021

Carnoustie Golf Links - Birdlife on a dull day

   
I'm involved with Angus and Dundee Bird Club's volunteer surveying of the golf links in Carnoustie, and this post is simply 28 record photos of the species I found when doing a survey today. The total species count was 41 but I couldn't get photos of them all in the time I had.
A Cuckoo calling and a Garden Warbler singing and seen briefly were the highlights. I think it's a good list taking into account the works going on in the best habitat where the Seagreen Wind Farm's cables are being installed.

An aside. Previously while surveying at Carnoustie, a friendly Glaswegian golfer asked "what are you looking for", I replied "birds", he replied "are you Frank McAvennie". Brilliant, I just love that kind of instant humour. (Frank says he's never said that in real life).

Frankie on Only An Excuse, click here for video  


Blackcap male



Carrion Crow



Coal Tit



Coot



Dunnock



Goldfinch



Great Tit



Grey Heron



Jackdaw



Lesser Black-backed Gull



Linnet female



Little Grebe



Mallard drake



Moorhen



Mute Swan



Oystercatcher



Pied Wagtail



Reed Bunting female



Robin



Sand Martin



Sedge Warbler



Skylark



Song Thrush



Starling



Swallow



Tufted Duck pair



Willow Warbler



Woodpigeon  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive