Thursday 23 September 2021

Little Stint - Photos and Videos

 

Some photos of a Little Stint found by Mark, I think he's found a few waders there recently so it's worth checking even the smallest of floods or scrapes, especially just now when we have many Little Stints and good numbers of Pectoral Sandpipers spread around the country. A dead Pectoral was found on the road less than a mile away, hit by car?

I tried video at HD so I could use the VR stability function but found when the Stint moved the camera would try and maintain it's view, and then jump. I reverted to UHD 3840 *2160 pixels where VR isn't available and found the extra pixels and the smoother panning worked well, especially in good light. 
When played on most PC's and Laptops the video will be condensed on the smaller screens and should look good, phones may have to buffer the large files. I have Flickr on my phone and for me it works, but I have to load the video a second time, but only once when I uninstalled Flickr!



Little Stint feeding near Boysack, Friockheim. There is no access to the fields but it can be seen from the roadside with binoculars







Even with a 125 times zoom it's still a Little Stint!




I wonder if this is the same feral/escapee Goose that was at Victoria Park last year. It's sitting on the island in front of the car park at Murton NR. I wonder why it has orange legs as I thought it would mainly be a version of domestic greylag


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive