Wednesday 6 October 2021

Waiting on a woman - story of my life

   
A "garden tick" when these Whoopers were heard as I was waitin on a woman. Seen flying almost directly over my house. Later, and as predicted to Olive (smug feeling) some Jays flying in the open across the corner of Balgavies Loch. At Murton the Greylags were predominant, also Lapwings, Wigeon, Mallards, Magpies, but no waders.

Brad Paisley - Waitin on a woman, click here for official song video

Some of the 29 Whooper Swans in a flock that flew over my house this morning



and in this photo, 2 over-exposed Buzzards squabbling








A Jay at Balgavies Loch collecting and caching acorns




Gadwall left and Wigeon right, for comparison



Gadwall drake




Backlit Dunnock at Balgavies Hide




A Coo!




I thought I'd seen my last butterflies in my garden last week but as usual the Peacocks are active later than most




A Common Wasp seen from an unusual angle, it was struggling to get out of a spiders web, it did




Still a few Drone Flies around, this one in my garden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive