Saturday 25 December 2021

Dreaming of a White Christmas - it came true!

   
My last outing before Xmas lockdown, when Olive doesn't let me out and I have to wear clean clothes, and be nice to people.

I left home on Friday to visit the Basin when there was barely a breeze in Arbroath, when I got to the Lurgies there was a gale blowing! A quick retreat to the Bank of Scotland Hide at the SWT Centre and the Great Egret was there, but had flown out of range. I sat very still and quietly in the hide and within a few minutes the Egret flew back and close, albeit in one of the overgrown pools. Serious cutting and digging needs done soon or a great habitat will be lost. The Egret stayed and fished for some time and I got photos and videos before it was distracted by a barking dog and clocked me in the hide.
Satisfied with what I'd seen and my photos I left it in peace to feed, and I carefully sneaked out the back of the hide.


A follow up post featuring a female Sparrowhawk in my garden also on Friday should be available later today or on Boxing Day. (not for the squeamish)


Very happy with this batch which were taken in poor light, it does help when the subject is large and white though. A selection of the originals will be on my Flickr soon 




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive