Thursday 30 December 2021

Ducking 'n diving at Keptie Pond

   
I was dragged out of the house and we went to Montrose Basin, and the tide was still in - fail. I did see Little Egrets, Goldeneye, Shovelers, Black-tailed Godwits, Wigeon, Teal and more but most were seen through the trees at Rossie Spit, from the roadside walkway. The photos are from Keptie Pond when the sun was behind the large houses, some planning needed....

Shoveler drake Rossie Spit, click here for video       Black-tailed Godwits (through the trees)


Black-headed Gull, one of around 40 at Keptie Pond, Arbroath



Coot



Goosander drakes



Hybrid of questionable heritage, I might look into this one again



Moorhen



Tufted drake



And just before it got dark, some of my Tree Sparrows as I took my gear out of the car at home



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive