Friday 15 July 2022

Mediterranean Gull feeding inshore

   
A brief visit to Victoria Park in Arbroath while Olive was shopping, and it paid off when a hoped for Mediterranean Gull was present. Other gulls there were, Common, Black-headed, Lesser black-backed and Herring. In the wind many Swallows and House Martins were feeding low to the ground but I didn't have the time or will to get an almost impossible photo.

More from my garden and what I think is a special photo and by pure chance, a Small White Butterfly at the point of laying an egg on one of Olive's beloved flowers. I think I've convinced her that the caterpillars won't do much damage as the eggs were being laid mostly in my jungle area (wild) and well spaced out.

Mediterranean Gull - Black-head Gull comparison      Tight zoom      Inshore then flew too close  


Mediterranean Gull sequence from Victoria Park, Arbroath
















Mediterranean Gull with a Black-headed Gull





Common Gull



Common Gull





Juvenile Black-headed Gull





Small White Butterfly female laying eggs on Olive's flowers, egg being deposited directly above it's eye on a leaf




Resting in-between eggs





Narcissus Bulb Fly Meredon equestris





Wood Wasp, this time I can just see a small black dot on its face, an identifying feature





Marmalade Fly, now common in my garden





One of this years young Starlings beginning to moult




If it lands close to where I'm sitting it gets its photo taken, House Sparrow female



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive