Friday 6 January 2023

Siberian Chiffchaff - East Haven

   
Back at East Haven again while waiting on Olive returning from another epic shopping trip to Dundee, to be fair it's all her daughters doing!

A quick look in the ditch and I didn't find any Snipe, perhaps too much water flowing, but I did see the Chiffchaff I'd seen on a few previous occasions. I walked around the ditch to the beach where I sat and waited to see if the Chiffchaff would come to me, it did and I was able to confirm it was a Siberian Chiffchaff from a few photos I took, also agreed by other birders. Later a rogue phone notification resulted in some confusion, my grand-daughter sent me a message and her notification sound is a Common Chiffchaff song. I didn't hear it but someone else did, its a long story.....

I continued my wait by sitting on the low dunes at the car park and was entertained by multiple waders which were being continually flushed, and returning to feed on the beach at high tide.

No videos from East Haven, have these,

Little Grebe, Old Harbour Montrose Basin      Vixen and Dog Fox in my garden (Trail Cam)



Siberian Chiffchaff at East Haven





















Stonechat female









Wren









Sanderling













Dunlin right, Sanderling left




Black-headed and a few Common Gulls feeding near the beach where the waves were dumping and stirring up the sand








I love watching how skilled they are at sizing up waves and moving only at the last minute, I've never seen one caught out and hit by the wave




Turnstone





Rock Pipit









More photos of Sanderlings









Sanderling and Dunlin








Cormorant




Little Grebe at the Lurgies, Montrose Basin




The one above's pal




Seen behind the Old Brewhouse as I packed up at dusk last week



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive