Thursday 30 March 2023

Marsh Harrier o'er ma hoose!

   
A surprise fly past from a Marsh Harrier over my garden on Wednesday, after a bit of panic to get a camera I got a few photos into the dull sky which I've altered. I'm not on a fly way so this is very rare for me.
Also some rare photos of a Water Rail at Loch of Kinnordy, it was just about the only interest there.

I've added in some stuff from an unscheduled early morning trip this week, it took a while to sort out the videos taken just after dawn.

Black Grouse lek       Brown Hare      Mistle Thrush early morning


Marsh Harrier photographed as it drifted over my garden on Wednesday, the very dull conditions meant the sky appeared almost white so I added a sky background with a bit of colour
















A Water Rail showing at the Gullery Hide at Loch of Kinnordy. When I entered the hide a guy was photographing it, multiple shots, so I took a few photos over his shoulder
















An early morning Mistle Thrush long before the sun came out and offered a bit of help to the camera, in this photo it was my P1000






Goldeneye female. The water levels are still high at Murton NR with very little birds on the car park pool. Buddy's Loch had more birds including 3 Shovelers, 2 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, a few Lapwings, a Redshank and 3 Roe Deer






My first butterfly of this year, a Peacock which was very active in the sunlight at Murton






A guess is, Water Boatman species Callicorixa praeusta, but as usual many variants look alike






It's a flower and attempts at identity have so far have failed, I can't recall seeing it before





Created by me on Bing Image Creator, all I asked and typed in was "create a White-tailed Eagle image in stainless steel". I can see why this was in today's news.

"Key figures in artificial intelligence want training of powerful AI systems to be suspended amid fears of a threat to humanity. 

The letter, from Future of Life Institute and signed by the luminaries, wants development to be halted temporarily at that level, warning in their letter of the risks future, more advanced systems might pose."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive