Friday 26 May 2023

Pintail, Red-breasted Merganser and Osprey

   
Some of the diminishing number of birds still at Montrose Basin, followed by photos from Arbroath Cliffs, and numbers of birds in my garden have been boosted since some unwelcome visitors were thwarted from getting at a fat ball feeder.

Rooks at fat ball feeder, click here for video      Jackdaw also a nuisance


Shelduck at the Lurgies on 24/5/2023





A distant shot of an Osprey with a metal ring fishing near Miss Erskine's Bank as the tide rose






An unexpected drake Pintail with his mate out of frame near the Slunks, also two pairs of Gadwall still, and there are two Common Sandpipers behaving as if they've nested





Ringed Plover with a couple of Dunlin, the whole flock was around forty birds





While standing behind my favourite gorse bush this Red-breasted Merganser flew in





Eider female in repose just before the tide covered its sun-bathing spot





Rock Pipit from 2 metres, it was sitting on a fence post on the cliff path at Arbroath Cliffs





You might be careful while eating your picnic off this table, this Rock Pipit is sharing it





No Kittiwake chicks yet





Buffish Mining Bee





Green-veined White Butterfly





Peacock Butterfly





Blackbird in my garden





The first sighting of my Dunnock for a while





The Greenfinches must have chicks to feed as they've become less reluctant to leave the feeders





I thought it was a good thing when I first saw a Rook in my garden, that was before there were six, a Crow and two Jackdaws





I've spent the last month or two feeding Starlings and they thanked me by taking their young to Olive's pal's garden. Probably the Rooks fault as now the juvenile Starlings have arrived after the Rooks left





I've still got two Tree Sparrows visiting both the back and front garden, most years they'll bring their young and some other families, but not for a while yet I suspect


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive