Friday 26 May 2023

Fox on the run - Corn Bunting Survey

   
My first survey of five I have to do, I may find time to do some unofficial searches where Corn Buntings have been found in recent years, with the possibility that other adjacent farms also hold Corn Buntings.

I wasn't overly surprised to see a Fox today, the farm was very quiet and it was early enough and out of the way so as not to be disturbed. The video below is a bit shaky, it's handheld with no VR (Vibration Reduction) to stop the shake, I could record at HD and get VR but I prefer the UHD which is effectively four times as many pixels.

Fox, can't believe it didn't see or hear me to start with!  I think it heard the click of the camera when I took a couple of stills while the video was running.
 




Not often do I see an Fox in broad daylight but this is now the third or fourth year I've seen one on this Corn Bunting Survey in the same place. One year a Vixen and Cub almost walked up to me as they came along one of the tractor tramlines while I stood stock still watching





Only the two singing male Corn Buntings seen today but that's normal for the farm, both were in the usual places which they stay loyal to unless the crop changes from cereal





Not many Skylarks seen but the spring barley crop must have been planted late and is only around five inches high





This juvenile Stonechat was on its own, a family party consisting an adult male and four juveniles were further along and far enough away from this single bird to be un-related





The same juvenile in the low early morning sun





I think this is the first Grey Heron I've recorded on my surveys, it was in a drained tank and flew away in the direction of a known small Heronry




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive